Friday, July 02, 2010

Who's sitting this one out?



Recently I found out that a local store will be running a small, friendly, 35 point Warmachine tournament. No prize, no fee's, just for fun. Now me being me, I cant decide what warcaster I'm gunna field. I have however decided I'm gunna field a tiered list. I'm torn between three warcasters. I'll write a little about each and explain my thoughts.



Wraith Witch Deneghra
Her tiered list looks awesome, possibly too awesome for this friendly event.  All her units are incorporeal, so cant be hit by normal weapons, unless they attack first. Or have ghostly making difficult terrain nothing but something nice to look at.

I would probably run something like this at 35 points.
Wraith Witch Deneghra - 2x Deathrippers, Nightmare
2x Min Baneknight
2x Pistol Wraith
2x Warwitch Sirens
Machine Wraith


Thats a 4th Tiered list giving nearly everything an extra 2 inches to deply in and +2 speed in the first round along with other things. Not too shabby.

Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast.
Well we all remember Skarre from MK1, her 'bomb' was notorious. Thankfully she's not so bad these days. Her tiered list breaks from what I expected, a ghostly pirate theme, to cover all the Satyxis units. Making her tiers very infantry heavy.

Again for 35 points I would probably field
Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast - 2x Stalkers, Leviathan
2x Min Satyxis Raiders & Seawitch
Min Bloodwitches & Hag
2x Satyxis Captains

Thats another 4th tiered list. The bonuses include stealth for the first round for all the Satyxis and an extra 2 inches of deployment. Not bad at all.

Warwitch Coven of Garlghast
The joker of the 3 here. Mostly included because I realy want to run a cavalry themed Warmachine force at some point. I think people wont expect the speed that the Soulhunters can put out.  The withershadow Combine are just plain awesome, anything that gives you a chance to make more jacks is a win. Also Darragh Wraith making the Soulhunters incorporeal is realy nice.

For 35 points I could field.
Warwitch Coven of Garlghast - 2x Deathrippers, Seether
2x Min Soulhunters
Darragh Wrathe
Withershadow Combine
Warwitch Siren

Again a 4th tier list. Darragh Wrathe alows the Soulhunters to start the game with a soultoken each, and the Withershadow combine alow for redeploying 1 unit. The warwitch gives a jack advanced deployment. All realy handy.


So thats the 3 lists, what do you guys think I should take? Theres a poll on the right, so vote away, or pop a reply in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Unforutatly I couldnt get a hold of pretty much everything I needed to field the Denegra list due to my local store having supply issues. Heres to the next one!

    ReplyDelete