Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The break....



Ok so I've been away a while, you know how it is. Work, real life and the summer in general. I've not however been totaly away from the hobby. I doubt many of us ever actualy are.


I've spent the past few weeks musing over purchasing a new 40K army. I was after something that could get up close and personal, and destroy whatever it faced. I toyed with a Harlequin Eldar force, and played a few trial games. Sufice to say when 6 Harlequins lost combat to 3 Tau stealth suits, I scrapped that train of thought. I likeed the idea alot, but Im unable to watch my entire force get decimated and then win by using some of the 'dirtier' tactics. Usualy slapping a skimmer of Wraitlord on the objective around the last turn. I just count that as cheesy.

Then came along Daemons. My thought train was along the lines of Daemonettes have the same stat line as Harlequines except they got deep strike instead of Viel of tiers and cost 4 points less. So I came up with a Pleasure & Pain, Khorne and Slaneesh army. Unfortunatly it apears that to play Daemons effectivly, you have to go down the Tzeech route, wich means shooting. Not what Im after.

Thats what Ive been doing the past few weeks, but to cut a long story short... I finaly decided on what my new army will be. You guys will have to wait to find out though.....

Oh and that screenshot is from the new upcomming 40K MMO, Dark Millenium

No comments:

Post a Comment