Friday, January 07, 2011

A Gathering of Might VI


So tomorrow is AGoM VI, a 1500 point WHFB tournament. There are 6 games, 1 of each scenario played over the course of the weekend. The only rule, apart from those in the 8th Ed book, is no special / named characters. I'll be taking the same force I took last time. Mostly due to the fact I dont have anything else fit for it.  Heres my list

Lords
[250]Arch Lector - War alter, Armour of Meteoric Iron

Heroes
[125]Life Wizard - lvl 2, Dispel Scroll
[126]Warrior Priest - Heavy Armour, Shield, Van Horstmans
[93]Captain - BSB, Full Plate, Banner of Eternal Flame.

Core
[247]37 Swordsmen - FC
[90]10 Handgunners - Standard
[90]10 Handgunners - Standard

Special
[100]Great Cannon
[75]Mortar

Rare
[300]Steamtank

Now everyone automaticaly goes "OMG an alter and tank in a 1500 point list!". Yes it looks filth, but its not that bad. Realy....
The Stank can die fairly easy to magic, if they have the right lore. Shadow, Death and Metal can all ruin it in 1 spell.Im not going into the tactics, I dont want to give too much away regarding my game plan. Youll have to check back in a few days and see how it went.

2 comments:

  1. Well Im off, hopefully I should be able to update you all over the weekend. Thanks to the new phone I got for Xmas :) See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Daz. Really need to get my act together and sort out a painted WH army. Into Skaven ATM but knowing me I'll change my mind by February!

    ReplyDelete