Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Skaven battle - 750pts



So I had my first true Skaven battle today. My 'mighty' forces took on a rather large, for the points, Empire force.


My list was
Plague priest lvl2, furnace, 20 monks
Warlock Engineer lvl 2, 20 clan rats
20 Slaves

He took (from memory)
Mounted Warrior priest, 20 Swordsmen [det] 5 archers and 5 swordsmen
10 Handgunners
Helblaster
5 Knights
5 Outriders

I got to go first, yay!
First turn was the usual walking towards each other, I fluffed all my magic.
He repositioned a bit, chose not to shoot the Helblaster, even though the slaves where in range. The slaves lost 2 to the handgunners. The Outriders fluffed it after moving closer to the slaves.

Turn 2, I moved even closer. My magic was awesome this go. I managed to cast Vermintide, but he dispelled it with all 3 dice. This left my Warlock free to let loose and managed to get Scorch off. The small blast was centered over the Swordsman unit, where else would I put it realy, and killed 9 of em. Causing a panic check and making them flee, stopping about 1 inch from the table edge.
He rallyed the Swordsmen (boo!), and proceeded to unleash hell upon to my furnace. The hellblaster scored 20 shots hitting eventual causing 3 wounds to the furnace and 1 to the priest. Outriders repeated this move scoring another wound on the furnace. Handgunners shot into the slaves killing 3 and causing a panic check, they passed with LD5 check.

Turn 3 I charged the furnace into his archers, damn fury, they fled out of range. The slaves charged his handgunners. Magic fluffed it massivly, the priest miscasting on the first spell and ending the magic phase. The slaves killed a few handgunners but eventualy lost the combat, causing them to panic. As they fled from battle they took another 3 Handguners and 1 of the Helblasters crew with them.
The knights charged my clanrat unit, killing the Warlock. The knights eventualy lost combat due to SCR, I persued but didnt catch them. His shooting did nothing as there was nothing in range.

Turn 4 Nothing of great importance happed realy. A few clanrats died, my spells got dispelled. He rallyed his knights, and his Swordmen block lined up for a flank charge on the furnace.

Turn 5, the furnace had to charge the knights, the clanrats charged the swordmen block, was either that or long range helblaster and outrider shots to the face. The furnace smashed the knights with the impact hits alone, and overran to the far table edge. The clanrats won combat due to outnumber, he passed his LD check.

Turn 6, the furnace did nothing but turn aound, the clanrats continued the combat, drawing. He took a few pot shots at the furnace with the handgunners, and actualy killed the Priest. The outriders ran off to claim a table qtr.  Game ended a solid victory to him. Killing the general and getting that qtr giving him 200pts on the last turn....


All in all I had fun, lets see how it goes when we bump it up to 1k in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment