Sunday, May 16, 2010

The 13th spell....

... flipping rocks!



I played agaist Vampire Counts today. 2000 points, I took the list in the post below. He took a nice VC list, no named characters except Vargulf.
First game, I won on turn 1. The only game I have ever won on turn 1. I got to go first, advanced forward. Nothing of note realy, as the magic fluffed it. Come his magic phase, he misscast with his General. Then rolled a double 1. Killing him outright. He would of mostly crumbled before I got into combat so we restarted.

He went first this time. Advanced forward, nothing much happened. Come my magic phase I go for the 13th spell and get 2 6's. Hes got no scrolls, and it kills 13 grave guard.  My warlock skitterleaps to the right flank of his army, lets loose with the doom rocket and blows apart 23 Skellys and a few Ghouls.

Its now turn 3, and he has charged my clanrat units and my doomwheel. He casts a few raise spells and misscasts, again. Rolling a 6. So ofcourse I cast the 13th spell, but roll poor for casualties and only kill 8 skellys. I loose combat, break and flee. Lucky for me he rolls as poor as I do for persuit and misses me... thank god for that extra inch. The slaves are all dead now, and the doomwheel has dropped the Vargulf.

Turn 5 now, its starting to look very bad for him. I keep dispelling his raises. Joys of 7 dispell dice. My Greyseer rallyed last turn so it lets loose again with the 13th spell, this time using 4 warpstones and 5 normal dice. Whats left of his graveguard are now Clanrats. By this point he has 1 unit of 6 ghouls with a vampire left.

Final turn, I do it again. The greyseer is on fire today.  Along comes my magic phase, and I use all 5 dice he has at the 13th spell.... and roll exactly 25. Poof, the final unit is now 9 clanrats. Safe to say, a massacre to me. I lost 2 slave units, about 25 clanrats and my Doomwheel. Youll notice I dont mention the HPA or the gutter runners. Both under performed, the gutter runners did nothing. Failing the fear tests 3 times. The HPA killed some skellys but did nothing of importance.

Anyhow, my question to you skaven players. Do you notice how powerful your army appears when playing the 'top tier' armys? Ive massacred VC, Dark Elves and Lizardmen. But when I play a supposed lower tier army I get totaly destroyed.  Brittonia, Dwarfs and Greenskins all hand my arse to me. Now is that how the army book has been designed? Or is it just me? I dont play those lower tier armys alot, so it could be a lack of experiance. Thoughts guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment