Monday, March 12, 2012

Yorkshire Opens 2012 Finals - Results.

So its over for another year, and its nearly time for me to start another army project.

First off, just want to mention how great the Wakefield Warriors home turf is. Fantastic venue and awesome terrain and boards. Its actualy quicker fore me to drive to aswell, so you may see me popping over to it more often.

Army shot.


Lets get to the nitty gritty eh.



 My list.

Arkhan the Black
Tomb Prince with GW and Gamlers Armour and a Dragonbane Gem
Ramhotep
37 Tombguard - Stnd & Mus
4 Chariots - Stnd, Mus & Banner of Eternal Flame
4 Chariots - Full Command
3 Necropolis Knights - Stnd & Mus
Casket

First game was VS another 8th Ed book. Orcs n Goblins. Scenario 1, Pitched Battle.


Was a very close game. I got lucky on turn 1 when my purple sun managed to get his BSB who failed its LoS roll. I then spent a few turns sniping his characters, before finaly getting my TG block into combat on turn 4. We ran out of time at that point and it ended as a draw, only 20 VPs in it.

Then came lunch!!


Awesome idea as it was a cracking day for it. Little BBQ with a few burgers on, for a quid a pop, you couldnt go wrong. I had brough a few sandwiches as I googlemaped the place before hand and noticed it was in the middle of nowhere. I think they are still in the boot of my car.....

Game 2 was against a pretty cheesy skaven list. Scenario 5, I forgot its name! That diagonal one.....




He was just unlucky. He happened to place his Hellpit right on the line, opposite a unit of flaming chariots. My tombguad and Knights both started in reserves. My 3 charactes all stood in the open, waiting to be shot by a warplightning cannon or 2. To summarise. Turn 1, both my chariots got  charges off killing the hellpit and making a unit of stormvermin flee. The casket nailed both WLC's too. Turn 4 Arkhan was finaly in range, after waiting for his TG block to show up. Sniped the grey seer, his BSB and general.  The army pretty much broke n fled. Massacre to me, 2350 to 550.

Game 4 was Vs a local player from the Nightowls. Vamps, watchtower was the scenario.



This was all about the awesome power of Arkhan. Turn 1 he sniped the Vamp General, crumbling ensued. The he just kep sniping all the other casters. By turn 3 he had no wizards left and was falling apart. All this sniping had however ment I didnt notice the Vargheists flying round my flank and murdering my chariots. The TG finshed em off though.
Then on turn 4 my TG block charged the tower that had 25 Graveguard and a Wightking BSB in. Murdered them all and set up home. Another masacre to me, again about 2300ish to 550.

So overall results. I'll update this when I have names.

1st Brittonia
2nd Vampire Counts
3rd Tomb Kings  - Yes that me!!

Best painted - Dan Quirks Daemons again...... Its been 2 years Dan. Finish those damn Dwarfs!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats of the 3rd with the list you was going to sell because it was uncompetative! :p

    Seriously, sounds like it was a good time and I'm always please "weaker lists" (Those frog eating bretonians!) break into the top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got luckys Simon. There wasnt anything realy filthy there either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, congrats on the 3rd place. Nice work, now all I need to do is understand the TK army. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dont put yourself down Daz, sounds like you made some shrewed moves

    ReplyDelete