Sunday, November 28, 2010

Realspace Raid 2 - 1500pts Vs Chaos Marines.

So today I have my 2nd realspace raid. 1500 pts VS Chaos Marines. I'm still trying things out so I'll be running with....

HQ
[180]Archon - Blast Pistol, Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Ghostplate, Webway,
[95]Haemonculus - Liquifier gun, Webway
Yes the Archon's expensive, but I'm still low on models, so I fill up spare points with wargear. I want to try a dual WWP set up, hoping to give me massive board coverage for the reserves.

Elite
[110]5x Incubi
[80]Raider - Flickerfield, Nightshield, Dark Lance.
My usual Archon bodyguard unit. FF and NS on the raider are a must imo.

Troops
[155]10x Wyches - Hydra Gauntlets
         Hekatrix - Blast Pistol, Agoniser
[240]20x Warriors - 2x Splintercannons, 2x Blasters
         Sybarite
Ok the Wyches are reserved. The Warriors are on foot, deploying right on the line with the Haemy. He gives them the first PtP token then bogs off to plant the WWP.

Fast
[182]6x Reavers - 2x Caltrops
        Champion
Love these guys, dropped the guns to save points. Its all about the fly by attack.


Heavy
[125]Ravager - Darklances, Nightshield, Flickerfield
[125]Ravager - Darklances, Nightshield, Flickerfield
[205]Void Raven - 4x Monoscythe missles, Nightshield, Flickerfield.
As you can see, alot of my usual NS and FF. These are all so fragile, they need every little thing to help them live.  I plan to deepstrike the Void Raven and decimate an enemy squad on the turn it arives. I just hope it makes up for being nearly twice as expensive as the Ravagers 


So thats it, 1497 points.What do you guys think of the list?  I'll bring you a full report of events later.

2 comments:

  1. nice list...

    only a couple of things that I find odd

    your wwp delivery haemo is on foot according to your deployment plan, you really want him in a raider so you can zip him forward first turn and drop the wwp as far forward as possible

    try and fit the phantasm grenade launcher on your archon, without you're unable to assault through cover as you'll be I1

    the general consensus is that the shardnet/impaler is > hydra gauntlets, hydras give you more attacks, but the sharnet is considerably more defensive, and they stack, so get 2 in a unit of 10 and get them stuck in b2b with an opposing IC/p.fist serg/whatever... -2 attacks for him

    and finally, for the reavers, I'd go 1 x caltrops 1 x grav talon, the chance to pin is well worth it, same with the missile on the voidwing, vs t2/3/4 they're the same effectiveness, t5+ the necrotoxin shines, and the necrotoxin has pinning! monoscytches can hurt vehicles, but they're clearly an anti-infantry missile anyway and the 2 void lances should be taking care of vehicles easily enough

    My plan for the voidwing was first turn, pick an infantry unit that you want to die, empty payload, profit, rest of game float about shooting at tanks/transports, the void mine is an added extra that I'll use if the perfect opportunity arises, but I can see it still being on the bomber at the end of most games. I also wouldnt deep strike it, its too expensive to have show up only on turn 5, to earn its points its gonna have to do a lot

    on a side note, what are you using to represent the bomber?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with some things you've said. Grenades on the Archon are a must. The local meta has alot of fearless kicking about, so pinning is kind of an added bonus, not something to plan for.

    I also prefer the Str 6 missles mostly due to causing ID on T3 models. Wounding on a 2+ isnt much of a change only realy getting into play on T5 or higher models. As for the model itself, Im considering using the FW voiddragon

    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/VOID-DRAGON-PHOENIX.html

    ReplyDelete