Thursday, December 02, 2010

Realspace Raid 2 - the results

At the weekend I managed to get a game Vs a Chaos Marine player.

Deployment

He brought
Chaos Sorc - Warptime, Wind of chaos
9 Marines - Flamer, Rhino
10 Marines - 2 meltas, Powerfist, Rhino
10 Marines - Flamer, Plasma, Rhino
10 Marines - 2 Plasma
Predator - 2 TL LC
5 Havocs - 2 Heavy Bolters
5 Havocs - 2 Heavy Bolters


Not an overly competative list by anymeans, but it was nice to look at and play against. I took the list in the post below. This one

We rolled a stright up, line and and kill each other till everyones dead game. The best kind for the Dark Eldar.I got the first turn. deployed the Raiders and Ravagers to the far flank, and the warriors squad fairly central. He deployed on the far left flank, placing 1 unit of havocs in the wood opposite my vehicles.

Turn 1 kicks off, and my transports storm forward, The Archon bails along with his Incubi guard and places his Webway.  The Haemonculus bails from his transport, leave the PfP token with the wyches and places his Webway too. The Ravager takes a shot at the Predator, getting lucky and destroying it first shot. 1 Kill point to me. The warriors fired with the spliter cannons on a Chaos Warrior unit on the other board edge, getting lucky and killing 2.
My opponent stuck to the tryed and tested Marine method, the Rhinos moved forwards, and all the units got out. The Haemonculus died to plasma fire, but his job was done. 3 Incubi were lost to heavy bolter fire from the Havoc squad I forgot about in the trees.

Nice model, pity it didnt get any action.

My reserves rolled poorly, only getting my Voidraven into play (thats the wave serpent!) Deepstriking right in front on the Chaos battle line, a bold move! It unloaded its entire arsenal upon 1 poor warrior unit. The 4 missles alone scoring over 30 hits, eventualy leading to 7 dead marines. The warrior squad unloaded everything that it had upon to a nearby Chaos squad, scoring 11 wounds. Unlucky saves for my opponent ment that 6 died.  The Archon and remainging Incubi charge what was left of that squad, wiping it. Not good, as it left the squad in the open and it was his turn next. They did however gain a PtP token and another kill point. 2 nil to me.
He reply in force. Multiple shots aimed at my raiders missing them all. A stray plasma shot killing one of the remaining Incubi. A few melta shots went the way of the Archon and his 1 remaining Incubi bodyguard, both shots failing to wound. The sorcerer took a desperate attempt to kill the Voidraven, casting Winds of Chaos at it, but then failing the psychic test, rolling an 11. It was quite clear now, my opponent was having serious case of bad luck this game.

They didnt hold that wood for long.


Lady luck was shining on me however, my Jetbikes made there reserve roll, and came screaming through the Webway portal. They scored over 20 hits upon the melta squad hiding in the ruins. Scoring 10 wounds and eventualy killing 4. Both the Raids and Ravager shot at the same Rhino, the final Dark  Lance scored a penatrating hit destroying it. Another Kill point. My warriors rapid fired a unit hiding in a local ruin, poor dice rolls meaning I only scored 8 wounds from over 40 shots, killing 3.
Again he took aim at my Raiders, taking the Dark Lance off one after it took 5 glancing hits. He rapid fired at the Reaver jetbikers, only killing 2.

The table at the end of turn 3. Not much of his force left.
My opponent valiantly called the game there. Knowing he couldnt pull it back, I was leading 4 KP to 0, and he had very little left. It was a great game, and I had lots of fun. It also gave me time to play another game.  Come back soon for the 3rd Realspace Raid.

Totals so far -  3 wins

No comments:

Post a Comment