Saturday, December 04, 2010

Realspace Raid 3 - 2000pts Daemon Hunters

Para sailing  Grey Knight Terminators, its the future!


So, because RR2 finished early I got a chance to play a mates force. Using the list from RR2, I dropped the Archon and Raider, and added Vect with his Dais and increased the Incubi to 9. I also added another 6 Reavers. This was mostly for trying stuff out, and unfortunately I was having too much fun and didn't take any notes. I'll try and summarise what happened though.



I got spanked.

That's it in a nutshell really.  He was playing a very hard 2 Landraider list, and I just couldn't get through the armour on them. If it wasn't for the fact he played for the win, he would of won. His plan was to wipe my troops out, there for giving him the win. By turn 2 I was down 1 Ravager the Dias of Destruction and the Void Raven. The other ravager had 1 Dark Lance left.
Lucky for me, I managed to immobilise one of the Landraiders just as they got within LoS of my objective. Vects haywire grenade doing its work. Yes I was that desperate.  I even tryed to surround the landraider with my bikes hoping to kill him off as he bailed. A tactic I only usually use in tournaments. But unlucky for me it wasn't to be.

A bit cheesy, but I needed everything I had. 

A bit of luck did put his GK Terminators in the open though and take a charge from my Wyches. They held them up for 3 rounds of combat, that's damn impressive!

What did I learn?

1) Vect is OK.... the Dias of Destruction however blows. Too expensive and too slow. No point having 3 Darklances if you can only move 6 inches.
2) Landraiders suck! I need more Dark Lances! Possibly Haywire grenades for the Wyches.
3)Reavers suck if there are no troops in the open for them to kill. Everything being in a tin can made them a waste of points.

It was a win to me, but only just. If he would of left one of the Landraiders on his home objective, he would of won this game.

Total - 3 wins

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was my fault lol, But I damn right shouldnt have been locked up in combast for 3 rounds...

    Now I realise why people hate playing my Guard army when they hang around when they shouldnt :)

    Great game though again, the red on those Raiders looks damn awesome in someone elses pics :) Better get it finished :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a good game, grudge match soon? :p

    ReplyDelete